Sunday, February 28, 2016

60 Days of Victory

Yes, today, it's been 60 days since I've walked into or driven through the line at Taco Bell or McDonald's.  I can hardly believe it myself, but it's true.

So, what have I been doing for the past 60 days?  Learning a LOT.

Learning about myself.

Learning about food.  About triggers.  About what tastes good, what's not worth the money or the headache, about what I like and don't like.

And I've been learning to listen.

Listening to my body.  To really pay attention to what it's craving (good things.)

And listening to the Lord.

I'm recognizing His voice more quickly these days.

You see, I'm not doing a "plan."  Not following a specific diet.

That's one of the things I've learned over the past 60 days; I put too much faith and hope in "the plan" to fix me.  When that plan doesn't work, then I'm down, depressed, looking for a new "plan."

But the One that I need to put my faith and hope and trust in is Christ!  He is the creator of my body.  He is the creator of the best food for this body.  So why not ask Him what I need to eat?

So that's what I've been doing.  With every bite.  Well, I've tried to ask Him at every bite.  It hasn't always happened that way, but I've definitely been submitting myself to Him and His plans for my body more and more!!!  And it's working.

Slowly.  Like only 1/2 to 1 pound a week.  But it's working.

I've learned a lot.  I've listened a lot.  And I still have so far to go.

6 comments :

  1. That's great news. Truly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Contentment. We learn to be content with what God has instructed us to eat. Very proud of you my friend! I believe when weight comes off slower, it allows us time to make the "thought life" changes necessary for permanent lifestyle change. Sometimes God does miracles quickly, sometimes our miracles need a little longer to happen. He knows what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying the course with you. May the lifestyle change continue for both of us. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome, LaDonnna! I am so happy for you and really proud of you! You, go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! I am watching, listening to, and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete