Monday, April 13, 2015

"Come away with me, my Love"

I have been needing to get away by myself and spend some time alone with the Lord, and so last week I asked my husband if he could give me a night at a little retreat cabin as a gift for our anniversary.  Now, typically that doesn't sound like the best thing to do as married people, spend your anniversary weekend apart from each other.  But he knows how desperate I had become and how much I needed it, and he readily agreed! 
 
So, on Friday evening, I arrived at this sweet little cottage,
 
 
and poured out my heart to the Lord and spent time in His word, as well as lots of great books filled with truth that I needed to read, and worshiped with great music.  The bed looked like this,
 

I had purposely taken no food with me because I knew that I needed to separate myself from that very powerful idol in my life.  So for 22 hours I fasted and prayed and spent time on my face before Him. 
 
This photo really represents what I found out from God...
 

His WORD is my food!  HE is my BREAD of LIFE!  Feasting on HIM, drinking from the fountain of truth...these are what I need for my life!  He sustains me!  A BIG thank you to my friend, Kathy, who encouraged me to meditate on John 6, because it was out of that passage that this picture came to be. 
 
I cannot continue to go to the fridge to find satisfaction for my soul's needs!  There is nothing there to give me nourishment.  I MUST eat the meat of the HOLY WORD, meditate on Him and all that He is, make Him my first waking thought, and continue to submit my heart AND my fork to him (I think I've used that term in a blog post before, but it's good to say it again!).
 
When I had to leave, I was able to drive through the national park and capture so much of God's beauty.  His presence stayed with me as we "toured" together! 
 
Here are a few shots from my little getaway with Jesus...
 




 

And so I start this new week with fresh wind, with a renewed mind, with a few bruises in my heart from the "surgery" that He performed while showing me some darkened places...but so ready to see where this journey is going to take me! 
 
I know that He has great plans for me, plans to give me a hope and a future...and I know He has the same for YOU!  I never EVER want anyone that reads this blog to feel like I've got it all together or that you are alone.  You are NOT!  I am a broken human with many faults.  But I have a GREAT HIGH PRIEST that is interceding for me...and He's interceding for YOU, too!
 
So, let's do this TOGETHER!


2 comments :

  1. LaDonna, reading your blog encourages me. You know where I come from and the "mess" that it has left in my life. I'm not sure that you have struggled with the same things, but it gives me hope that everything will be ok. Thanks for taking the time to write.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, it THRILLS me to know that I've encouraged you in some way! I can assure you that, WITH GOD, everything will be ok! He takes our "mess" and turns it into His message. Thank you for taking time out of your busy "mommy" life to read my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete