Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer Travel Challenges

We are planning a trip to Indiana later this week, and while I'm excited to see some family and friends that I haven't seen in about 3 years, I'm also a little nervous about the eating part of the whole thing.
I know that I can make "decent" choices while we travel up and back...it's just a matter of finding the right symbols on the exit signs. :)


The problem comes when we arrive at our destination.  We're going to a church camp, which means eating in a cafeteria, which boils down to CARB CITY! :)  You know, mashed potatoes, noodles, dumplings, biscuits & gravy, fried this and fried that!  Not to mention the snack shop that is filled with ice cream bars, candy, nachos, and the like!

I will not have access to a refrigerator, but we will have a small cooler with us.  I need your suggestions on how to stay on track while I'm there.  Remember that I'm needing to keep my carb intake to a minimum (60 grams or less), and I won't be able to take things that need to be frozen or kept really cold.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions!

1 comment :

  1. Ok. Round 2. I bought some snacks called "the Good bean" from Fresh Market for our trip. They are crunchy chick peas that come in various flavors. I got sea salt and barbeque. Sea Salt favorite right now. Very healthy. Pkg says 18g Carbs but most of that is from Fiber. www.thegoodbean.com

    I also took cashews. Don't have container so not sure how many carbs but you could get different nuts.

    I also took liveGfree Gluten Free brownie mix from Aldi's. My family says they are the best brownies ever. 27g of Carbs, 19 g of that is from sugar. You could have the serving for a treat and make them before you go.

    ReplyDelete