Monday, March 2, 2015

New Month - New Mercies

Yesterday was the first day of a new month and a new week, and I am ever-so-glad to see it come.  These past 2 weeks have brought all kinds of crazy, nasty weather, cold temperatures, bad roads, caused us to be homebound, and my husband had only worked 2 days out the last 14!
 
Which meant the money for groceries just wasn't there; so we ate out of the deep freeze and the emergency overstock in the basement pantry.  Not a lot of fresh fruit and veggies there.
 
I was up on the scales, and down on myself.
 
So yesterday was a day of recommitment for me.  On Saturday, I "borrowed" money from another envelope to go to the grocery store, since we had a forecast that promised some working weather!  And I got all the things I needed to get back on this low carb eating.
 
It's amazing how quickly the weight can come back ON, and yet is so reluctant to leave!  Quite frustrating, actually.
 
But it has to be done.  I do not like the way I was feeling over the last 2 weeks.  The lack of energy was unbelievable.  And my joints popped and cracked like a bag of fireworks!
 
My gym membership has also expired, and with no part-time job like I had last year to pay for it, I had to get creative.  So, while we were snowed in, we made a little workout station at the house, with the treadmill as the center piece, and all my little kettle bell weights and stability ball, yoga mat, and a few other things. 
I also moved my motivation board out of my bedroom and into my little home gym. 
It's what I see when I'm up on the treadmill.
I tried it out on Friday, and I think it's going to work just fine for me to do the exercising at home!  Which will save me a monthly fee and the cost of fuel.
 
Now the real issue is going to be "Will I USE it?"  It's just CRAZY how easily I become distracted and put off exercising, but I am pleading with the Lord to give me a drive to commit to this!  It can ONLY come from him, because I've already blogged about how much I hate to exercise!
 
And that's why I'm thankful for His mercies...they are NEW EVERY MORNING.  Which works out great for me, because I have to renew my commitment to this healthy lifestyle EVERY MORNING!

3 comments :

  1. Now I can honestly say I have not seen that room look that way before! :) And, where in the world is my air mattress?? :)))) Still saying I am very proud of you and think you will continue to "work this out" every single morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Leah, the next time you visit us, you will no longer have to sleep on an air mattress. Clayton's queen size bed will be ready and waiting for you! And Joe says you and I can do a workout in this room, but Dave must come with him to the "man cave" in the basement where the weight bench and punching bag is. I do not visit there.

      Delete