Saturday, December 27, 2014

Climbing Back on the Wagon

 
So, our Christmas Day started with this yummy breakfast of biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and bacon.
 
 
 
Then my daughter-in-law made a loaf of Monkey Bread filled with brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, walnuts, and of course bread, for my husband's Christmas gift!
 
And then there was this wonderful Christmas dinner...everything from ham to pies.
 
It goes without saying that it's been a rough few days! 
 
I am really amazed at just how tired I am; pretty sure that's what I'm calling "Carbohydrate Hangover!"
 
And I'm just really ready for light, healthier eating.  My body has reacted rather poorly to the heavy, starchy foods these last few days, and I found myself just craving a salad, which is a HUGE deal for me.  I don't normally enjoy salad AT ALL!
 
My goal was to maintain during the holidays, but honestly I have been scared to step on the scale, so I don't know what I did during the past week.  I'm mainly just trying to focus on getting this unhealthy stuff/junk out of my house, passing it on to others, and moving on!
 
My goal is to get this weight off and to turn my bad numbers all around in 2015.  I normally pick a word that will describe my goals in the New Year and this year's word is:
REDEEM
 
I want to redeem my health, my body, my lost years.  It can only happen with the help of the Lord, and I'm ever more aware of just how dependent I am on Him.  So I pray this New Year coming up is going to be one of great testimony of His amazing Grace to help one struggling, middle-aged woman to get her life back, for many reasons, but mainly for His glory, and for these faces:
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment