Monday, December 15, 2014

Sights, Sounds, and Smells

So, last night we
 went here...
to Dollywood, and we saw this...
and this...
and we went to our favorite show...
 
But all along the way, we also SMELLED this...
 
and this...
and this...
 
and my all-time favorite thing to eat, this...
 
But the only thing we bought was kettle corn and HOT CHOCOLATE, because it was about 29 degrees outside!
 
It was so difficult to walk away from the food, the bakery, the candy...but I did. 
 
Not because I was disciplined, or because it wasn't in my heart to desire it.
 
Mainly it was because of the prices!  Just being honest.
 
If I had had a carte blanche budget, you better believe it would've been a LOT harder to leave that place without sampling just about everything they offered, because it all smelled AH-MA-ZING!
 
So, we're going back at least 2 more times before the season is over, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist everything.  So, my "plan" is to pick something that I REALLY, REALLY want, to cut it in half, and to share that half with someone, which should cut the calories exponentially!
 
I have decided that, at this season, I am just not able to completely cut myself off from enjoying the holiday foods...if I have to do that, I'm going to become so discouraged.
But what I am trying to do is allow at least a "taste" of the things that I really long for. 
If I'm going to break the rules, I'm going to make it for something good!
 
So, how are YOU handling the holiday challenges?
 
P.S. The photos (besides the one of me and my family) are NOT mine.  They were pulled from an internet search for Dollywood Christmas images.

No comments :

Post a Comment