Friday, January 23, 2015

3 Months Makes a Difference

I don't know about you, but sometimes (most of the time) I have a hard time "seeing" my weight loss.  I always see myself WAY bigger than what I actually am; at least that's what my husband tells me.
But today, when I was going through my photos from our son's graduation from Army basic training, I went back to "Day 1" when we said good-bye to him on October 20th, and then looking at the photo of he and I from yesterday...I can finally see that I actually HAVE lost weight, that I DO look different.


So, I'm encouraging myself this morning to stay the course.  Especially after I got on the scales today and it showed a 5 POUND gain!  And I was so good!  Only had ONE meal that was "off plan" in celebration of his graduation.  Of course my husband gave me lots of words of encouragement, "don't get discouraged, it's probably water weight because we were in the van for over 750 miles, round trip, don't worry it will come off..."  Bless his heart! :)

Photos like these DO encourage me.  And I'll probably print them out and post them somewhere that I can see them on a regular basis, because I need a visual reminder that this IS working!

1 comment :

  1. I do the same thing...I don't see it myself.....so glad that you got to go see Justin graduate!!

    ReplyDelete