Saturday, January 10, 2015

Planning Ahead

I know that success doesn't just "happen."  You have to plan.  And today, that's what I've been doing.

On Wednesday of this week I began a program through my doctor's office that introduced an eating plan that's pretty strict:

No dairy, with the exception of a limited amount of butter and cheese

No bread, or any other grains

No sugar, including artificial sweeteners

No fruit

This is for the first 2 weeks, which I'm pretty grateful for, because I dearly love fruit!  And yogurt.

So, today I thought that it would be in my best interest to get organized and plan ahead for this next week.  Actually, it began last night when I baked some extra chicken while I already had the oven on for something else.

And I took pictures!  Here's what it looks like for me to "plan ahead."

 
All laid out on the counter, ready to be put away.

 
I love these little Solo cups, they're the perfect size for 2 TBSP of natural peanut butter, or the 1/4 c. of almonds that is on my eating list.
 
 
4-6 oz. packages of chicken tenders and ground beef, seasoned and ready to go for lunches!
 
 
I love to have boiled eggs on hand, so easy to grab for breakfast or a snack.
 
 
My husband loves this...cucumbers and onions, mixed with Hellman's Balsamic Vinegar Mayo, seasoned with a little fresh ground black pepper.
 
 
You can never go wrong having peppers washed and prepped.  So versatile, either for snacks or for throwing in the skillet with chicken or steak strips.
 
So there you have it...my food prep for the week!  Please, share with me your secrets to staying organized with your food.
 


 


 


 

1 comment :

  1. So I think planning ahead and being organized is a huge key to being healthy. It all looks awesome to me! For us, when Dave grills he always grills extra meat that we cut up and put in the freezer in 3 ounce servings. I can't tell you how many times this has come in handy for me! Plus, we have all the veggies from our garden and that helps me as well. I have peppers and onions cut up in baggies in the freezer and use them ALL THE TIME! :) Go you!

    ReplyDelete