Monday, November 17, 2014

Do Your Research!!!

I learned a HARD lesson tonight when we decided to go to Taco Bell after the movies...it was the most affordable choice, and I didn't want to go to the grocery store hungry.

So, I got in line, looked at the menu and made what I thought was the best choice.  I thought about the taco salad, but knew I would be tempted to eat the "bowl."

And so I went with the chicken Cantina bowl...it says right on the menu that it is 490 calories, and 29 grams of protein.  Ok, not bad.

What it does NOT say is how many grams of CARBS is in it.  So I looked it up when I got home.

Keep in mind that I'm supposed to be keeping my TOTAL intake between 40-60 grams, and I've been trying to stay at 50 grams, and before we left for the movies I was already at 30.

Imagine my surprise when I looked up my "healthy choice" and found that it contains 49 grams of carbs!!!!

I was almost sick!

So, lesson learned. 

I will most definitely do my research next time!

1 comment :

  1. One of the hardest things for me to do is eat out. What I have started doing is knowing where I am going, researching the place online first and going in with a plan. Fast food places are the absolute WORST to plan for and I hate that because they are so convenient!

    ReplyDelete