Wednesday, November 12, 2014

One Poor Choice Leads to Another

At bedtime last night, I found myself at the end of a string of poor choices.  And it all started with...


It was an innocent footlong that I split in half with Clayton.  And we shared some Doritos, and shared a Coke, and shared a raspberry cheesecake cookie.  And he actually ate the larger part of all those other things. But that started me down a carb overload path that kept going faster and faster!!  And led me to make THIS stupid choice...

except mine wasn't a bunny shape; it was a snowman.  And for the record, it stayed in my purse, unopened, for over an hour! Which was a HUGE accomplishment.  But then I gave in and ate it.  And felt the head rush from sugar overload.  But I went to small group and did what I needed to do, and felt terrible that I had eaten this candy.  And came home, starving, and ate some chili, and was still "hungry," and gave in to THIS...


yes, pb&j AND chips!  It was like I was a munching maniac and couldn't STOP!  Granted, it was on low carb bread, the healthy peanut butter, and the chips were "natural" and the only ingredients were potatoes and sea salt, but still, at 10:30 at night?! 
 
So I began to trace back to what had started me on this spiral, and I found a few things:
 
1. I have stopped journaling my food.  That gets me EVERY time.  I "think" I'll remember, but I don't, and then I eat more than I should've.
 
2. I ran out of "good" carbs and turned to the bad ones to fill the whole!  I struggle most when my grocery supply is down.  And it's so much easier to give in when my healthy choices are limited.
 
3. Playing around with "dangerous" carbs is DANGEROUS for me.  There are just certain things that I know I shouldn't eat because I can't handle them right now, not even a little bit.  Chips and crackers are 2 of those items that I have found I just have to leave alone.
 
So, I had a bad day.  And in the past, I would have let that lead me to a 2nd bad day, which would turn into a bad week.  But not this time!
 
I'm going back to see the nutritionist tomorrow, and I'm less than 3 pounds away from meeting my first goal, so I'm back on plan today and pushing ahead!!

1 comment :

  1. LaDonna, I think it helps us to not focus on our failures but our successes and that we KEEP on trying!!

    ReplyDelete