Sunday, November 30, 2014

Mission Accomplished

Well, I made it through the first challenging holiday last week:  Thanksgiving.
 
     There was food in abundance,
 
  desserts galore,
 
 
and temptation at every turn.
 
But I had prayed that morning, had eaten my breakfast and taken my vitamins just like I normally would, and went into it determined to be victorious!
 
It also helped that my husband and my hosting friend are some of my biggest cheerleaders in this journey!!  And they were right by my side, literally...one seated on my left and the other on my right! :)  And THIS was my mindset, going in:
I allowed myself a bite of anything and everything that was served, and that's what I took.  My husband was very impressed that there was still "white space" on my plate.  I guess I've gotten so used to using a small plate, sometimes even a saucer, that the huge dinner plate was just way too large for me.
 
Dessert-wise, I ran into a little trouble with the chocolate fudge...I had more than one piece, but still WAY less than normal.  And I had pumpkin pie and apple cake, but only half pieces. 
 
Overall, I did not gain but 8/10 of a pound, and I'm ok with that.
 
My hosting friend told me this morning, "LaDonna, I wasn't proud of you.  I was proud of how you allowed the Holy Spirit to control YOU!" 
 
  (My sweet friend, Kathy and her husband Keith)
 
 
Yes, my friend, it was a definite act of the Holy Spirit that I made it through Thanksgiving without being miserable, without regrets, and without wishing I'd worn stretch pants.
 
Thank you, Lord!

No comments :

Post a Comment