Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Honesty- The best policy?


I'm struggling this morning with worry.  I woke up very early, which, if you read my previous post, you'll know isn't normal for me.

I can't decide if this worry is from the enemy, if it's a "fear of man," if it's just my own crazy mind playing tricks on me, but here's my nagging thought:

Am I being too honest? 

Is there such a thing?

I know I've received countless messages, both in person and on the computer, from people that have resonated with what I'm posting.  Just last night, a lady said to me, "Your transparency and honesty in your struggle has been such a blessing to me."

But still I wonder have I been too honest? 

Some people never share anything, they keep it all hidden within and give off a persona of everything being fine and you'll never know that inside they are falling apart.

There are others who will share a little bit, tell you part of their story, feel a little better, make a small connection with you and then shut down and still keep some things hidden.

And then there are people like me who have grown weary of the pretending and have decided that I need to be completely transparent and honest and share it all! 

So, I sit in my chair this morning, searching my heart and praying about this, trying to find out where it's coming from.

Because, quite honestly (no pun intended!), it has made me want to run to the refrigerator and eat!  Isn't that crazy?  Worry can do that?  Yes, to someone like me it does!

Which most likely gives me the answer I've been looking for; this MUST be from the enemy. 

So, I'll continue to be honest.  And continue to submit my heart and my fork to the Lord. 

It's not just the best policy- it's the ONLY one.

1 comment :

  1. Sweeping things under the rug has caused more problems than solved them. Good for you for being open and honest. It is something so desperately needed!

    ReplyDelete