Thursday, November 20, 2014

Second Chances

Today, I want to be sensitive, but also grateful.

Today, the life of a 40 year old friend of mine will be celebrated and remembered at her funeral.

She leaves behind 2 sons and a grieving mother and sister, with nieces and nephews, and many friends and extended family that will miss her laughter, her humor, and her love for life.

She died of an apparent heart attack.

And so this week, I've been going over and over the test results that I got a few weeks ago, at that inflammation around my heart, my high cholesterol levels, and how this could have been me.

But it wasn't.

Because for some reason, I've been given a second chance to turn things around and I do not want to take that for granted.

My heart is thankful for the opportunity I've been given.

And yet my heart is sad.

No comments :

Post a Comment